Visit the Social Security website (linked here) for detailed information about appealing a decision of the Commissioner of the Social Security Administration.
- Complaint for Review of a Social Security Decision
- Request to Proceed in District Court Without Prepaying the Filing Fee
- Motion - General
- Motion for Assistance with Recruiting Counsel
- Blank Form (for filing)
- Notice of Change of Address
If you have questions after reviewing these materials, you may wish to contact the Clerk’s Office at (317) 229-3700 or visit the court’s law library (located on the 4th Floor at the Indianapolis Courthouse, 46 E. Ohio Street, Indianapolis, Indiana). Please note, however, that court employees cannot give you legal advice. Specifically, court employees cannot:
- recommend a legal course of action or suggest ways to help you win your case;
- predict how a district or magistrate judge may decide any issue;
- interpret the meaning of any judicial order; or
- interpret the local rules of this Court, federal procedural rules, federal statutes, or case law.