- Documents in most newer civil and criminal cases are available for viewing/printing via the internet, by accessing the court's CM/ECF - PACER system. A U.S. Courts PACER account is required. Documents are in PDF format, and cost 10 cents per page, with a quarterly minimum billing amount and a per document maximum charge. For more details, contact the PACER Service Center, at (800) 676-6856, or visit www.pacer.uscourts.gov.
- A request for specific documents may be made by mail or fax using the Copy Request Form. Copies are provided by the court at 50 cents per page. Court staff will contact the requestor to arrange payment.
- Documents available through PACER may also be viewed and printed at the Clerk's office on public access computers. No PACER account is required, and copies are 10 cents per page. Check our Office Locations.
- U.S. Code, 28 § 1914, authorizes the Judicial Conference of the United States to establish District Court fees, including copy fees. Check the Electronic Public Access Fee Schedule for more information.
- NOTE: In compliance with the Judicial Conference of the United States Policy on Privacy and Public Access, and the E-Government Act of 2002, copies of case documents provided by the U.S. District Court Clerk’s office may include Personal Data Identifiers (PDI’s), such as Social Security numbers, financial account numbers, birthdates, or names of minor children, which have been redacted (blacked out) by court staff. Read our Redaction Notice for more information.
- Contact the Clerk's office, at (317) 229-3700, for further assistance with copy requests.