EMAIL AND DROP BOX FILING INSTRUCTIONS DURING COURT CLOSURE
FILING BY EMAIL:
File your documents by email according to the following procedures:
- Documents must be signed in electronic format (s/Name) or signed by hand and scanned;
- Documents to be filed must be ATTACHED to the email in either Microsoft Word or PDF format;
- The emails must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org; Any emailed filings sent to any other @insd.uscourts.gov email address will be disregarded by the Clerk’s Office;
- The email must contain the filer’s name, address, and telephone number;
- For new cases, the subject line of the email must read “PRO SE FILING – NEW CASE”;
- For existing cases, the subject line of the email must read “PRO SE FILING – [include the case number]”;
- NO ADDITIONAL COMMENTS, QUESTIONS, OR OTHER MESSAGES ARE TO BE INCLUDED IN THE EMAIL; ANY ADDITIONAL CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE DISREGARDED BY THE CLERK’S OFFICE; and
- These procedures do not alter the responsibility of the parties to effect service as required by Federal Rules of Civil Procedure 4 and 5.
FILING BY DROP BOX:
File your documents in the publicly accessible “drop boxes” available at each of the Court’s divisional locations. All documents will be screened prior to being opened. Individuals submitting documents for filing will not be able to obtain file-marked copies. Each drop box location has specific instructions. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AT THE DROP BOX EXACTLY. The Indianapolis Division drop box is located at the courthouse entrance near the intersection of Pennsylvania and New York Streets.